Public Notice Issued at 0900 Hours – Tuesday 20th March, 2012
- The Bruce Highway Ayr to Townsville is closed at the Haughton River and expected to be closed for a minimum of 24 hours.
- The Bruce Highway Ayr to Brandon at Suicide Bend is closed.
- For road closures within the Shire, visit Council’s website www.burdekin.qld.gov.au
- People in the usual flood prone areas of Giru, Rita Island and Groper Creek should prepare for possible flooding, including ensuring they have adequate food, water and prescription medical supplies.
Details of what you need in your emergency kit are available via the following link:-
Residents should continue to monitor the situation via:-
- Bureau of Meteorology website at www.bom.gov.au,
- Burdekin Shire Council’s website at www.burdekin.qld.gov.au
- Burdekin Shire Council’s Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/BurdekinLDMG
- Listen to radio stations including Radio Sweet FM 97.1.
Sand bags are available from:-
- Ayr – at the back of the SES building, Industrial Estate.
- Home Hill – SES Building.
- Giru – Council Depot.
- Clare – Clare Hall.
- Rita Island – SES Building
Request for assistance please phone SES on 13 25 00.
The next notice will be issued at 1700 hours on Tuesday 20th March, 2012.
Chairman – Local Disaster Management Group