Skip links and keyboard navigation
Reconstruction works – Edwards Street, Bruce Highway
- Reconstruction work is continuing on the Edwards Street project. Work is due to be completed late 2012.
- Width restrictions are in place for the duration of the work and all vehicles over 3.5m wide must use the wide load detour. Please check the Department of Transport and Main Roads (www.tmr.qld.gov.au) website for more information.
- However, heavy transport vehicles under 3.5m, such as semi-trailers and B-doubles, must continue to use the Bruce Highway through the project site.
- Minor project delays have resulted in the Bruce Highway access to the Ayr Cemetery remaining closed until mid October 2012. Detour in place via Craig Street.
- The Jones Street end of the heavy vehicle bypass is currently under construction and there will be significant lane closures and delays at this intersection. Work is anticipated to continue until late October 2012 (weather permitting).
- Traffic controllers and speed restrictions will be in place for the duration of the works.
Copyright © 2012-2014 Burdekin Shire Council - ABN 66 393 843 289