Expressions of interest are invited to perform a Scoping Study to identify the requirements for the development of a community art space and to identify appropriate and existing buildings that would accommodate a community art space in the Burdekin Shire.
You can download the specification using the link below.
- Expressions of Interest - To perform a Scoping Study for Art Space in the Burdekin - (pdf 266.55 kB)
Scoping Study to Investigate and Report on the Establishment of Art Space in the Burdekin Shire.
The aim of this scoping project is to identify the requirements for the development of a community art space and to identify appropriate and existing buildings that would accommodate a community art space.
The suggested processes to be undertaken for this scoping project include the following elements:
Phase 1 – Community Consultation
- Interviews with key stakeholders and community groups
- Surveying the broader community
- Research of successful models in other areas
Phase 2 – Identified community need
- Interviews with key Council Officers
- An audit of building stock
- Audit of existing community arts activities and spaces
- Inspection of appropriate properties
Phase 3 – Presenting the Opportunities
- Level of interest from prospective volunteers prepared to assist in manning an art space
- Presentation of draft report of recommended models to key stakeholders for review and feedback
- Balancing the dream and the reality – the most appropriate model
- Drawing together the conclusions and recommendations.
- The requirements for refurbishment and development of the art space.
- Preparation of an Action Plan including approximate costs.
The above process is a suggestion only, and applicants are welcome to submit their own elements for the scoping study.
The funds available for this project are $7,000 (excl GST) which has been sourced from the Regional Arts Development Fund.
Assistance with the provision of information on community contacts, maps, facility locations etc will be provided by the RADF Liaison Officer, Mrs Janice Horan.
Burdekin Shire Council will provide meeting rooms, free of charge, for community consultation or forums. Telephone, fax and photocopy facilities will also be available free of charge.
Information to be included in the expression of interest should include the following;
- Name, Address, telephone contact details, email address
- Previous experience in arts field
- Proposed process to be undertaken
- Anticipated timeframe required to undertake project
- Fee (including GST if appropriate) to undertake Scoping Study
Expressions of interest should be posted to :
Chief Executive Officer
Burdekin Shire Council
PO Box 974
AYR QLD 4807
Or faxed to (07) 4783 9999
Or emailed to
BY THE CLOSING DATE : MONDAY, 25 NOVEMBER 2013.
Chief Executive Officer