Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for an Apprentice Plant Operator in the Works section. Council cannot guarantee continued employment after completion of the three year apprenticeship.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a Trade certificate (RII30813 – Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations) while performing as an enthusiastic, productive and reliable member of the Works team.
To be eligible for funding the successful applicant is required to commence prior to 30 June 2015.
The key responsibilities include:
- Work towards increasing knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience throughout the course of the Apprenticeship and ensure the Apprenticeship program is completed within the set time limits
- Assist team members with the construction and maintenance of Council infrastructure in accordance with specifications, plans and safety documentation
- Undertake components of the Department’s works programme, demonstrating an ability to make judgements on routine work conditions and processes
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Willingness to commit to a three-year apprenticeship and complete all required training and modules on time
- Proven ability to work under general supervision and in a team based environment
- Proven ability to recognise and follow both verbal and written instructions
- Demonstrated commitment to maintaining a safe working environment
- Demonstrated literacy and numeracy skills with description of education levels attained
- Current C Class Drivers Licence
The gross fortnightly wage for a First Year Apprentice is $1,102.58.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 15/14 - Apprentice Plant Operator - (pdf 799.64 kB)
Applications for 15/14 – Apprentice Plant Operator should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
- online using the Online Job Application Form
- by email to
- by mail to
Confidential Application No. 15/14
PO Box 974
AYR Qld 4807
Applications close on Friday, 5 June 2015. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Mr. Robert Potter, Works Overseer on (07) 4783 9800.