Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Compliance Officer to implement regulatory investigations, inspections, monitoring, consultation, and enforcement services for the improvement of public health, environmental and safety standards for the Burdekin community.
The key responsibilities include:
- Undertake compliance activities including inspections, patrols and investigations, under the direction of the Coordinator Environment and Health, to identify breaches of Council’s Local Laws and the Animal Management (Cats and Dogs) Act, including seizure and impounding of animals including livestock
- Investigate customer requests relating to the position and take enforcement action when necessary including issuing compliance notices, penalty infringement notices and obtaining warrants
- Gather and document evidence for further enforcement action, including interviewing alleged offenders and preparing statements; taking and storing photographic evidence and collection and storage of physical evidence
- Prepare relevant reports relating to complaints and offences
- Undertake public education activities
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to work in high conflict area
- Demonstrated understanding, or the ability to acquire understanding, in legislation enforcement
- Demonstrated experience in handling animals including dogs, cats and livestock
- Sound written and verbal communication
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Basic computer skills with the ability to adapt to new computer technology
- Possession of a current and maintained Queensland “C” class drivers licence, manual vehicles
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 3 ($66,826pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 15/28 - Compliance Officer - (pdf 845.2 kB)
Applications for 15/28 – Compliance Officer should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria
Applications are to be submitted online using the Online Job Application Form.
Applications close on Monday, 26 October 2015. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Ms. Linda Govan – Coordinator Environment and Health on (07) 4783 9800.