Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Trainee Administration Officer. This is a twelve-month traineeship. Continuing employment beyond the twelve-month traineeship period cannot be guaranteed.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a Certificate III in Business Administration. This traineeship opportunity is made available with the assistance of funding. Your eligibility will be assessed upon receipt of your application.
The key responsibilities include:
- Perform a range of clerical activities requiring the application of established work procedures generally within the Administration Section
- Daily receipt and dispatch of mail
- Scanning and registration of daily correspondence into Council’s record keeping system (Enterprise Content and Management System)
- Organise and serve morning and afternoon teas and lunches for meetings when required
- Update and maintain Council’s listing of community and sporting groups
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Demonstrated ability to undertake a course of further study
- Demonstrated sound written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a small team environment
- Demonstrated basic telephone, numeracy and keyboarding skills
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
The salary ranges from $676.91 to $1260.15 gross per fortnight dependent upon age and the highest year of schooling completed.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 15/31 - Trainee Administration Officer - (pdf 834.23 kB)
Applications for 15/31 – Trainee Administration Officer should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria (Please refer to the Position Description for the full list of selection criteria)
Applications are to be submitted online using the Traineeship and Apprenticeship Application Form.
Applications close on Friday, 30 October 2015. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Jacqui Thomasson – Administration and Records Coordinator on (07) 4783 9800.