Burdekin Shire Council is seeking applications for a Graduate Accountant to join our Financial Services team. The successful applicant will be required to provide financial, accounting, budget and GST/FBT taxation preparation, support and research to the Financial Accountant (Systems), senior management and members of the asset management team.
The key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Interpret and apply requirements of accounting standards and legislative requirements for accrual accounting, budgeting and reporting in the local government environment
- Assist in maintaining computerised financial systems including general ledger, budget ledger parameter records, masterfile records and asset management
- Assist in the design and define parameters for production of reports for Council and Council departments and arrange distribution
- Assist in preparation of annual and revised budgets and financial statements with the Manager – Financial and Administrative Services and Financial Accountant (Systems)
- Assist with End of Period and End of Year reconciling and reporting procedures and work papers primarily to General Ledger and to other financial sub-systems
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Degree or Associate Degree in Business Accounting
- Knowledge of the operation of computerised financial systems and associated software programs
- Demonstrated ability to provide a recommendation after undertaking research and analysis of complex information and calculations
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of accounting principles, standards and legislative requirements of financial operations
- Demonstrated high level of both written and oral communication skills
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 5 ($77,683pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 15/34 - Financial Accountant (Graduate) - (pdf 659.97 kB)
Applications for 15/34 – Financial Accountant (Graduate) should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria
Applications close on Friday, 20 November 2015. Word or PDF format is preferable.
Applications are to be submitted online using the Online Job Application Form.
For further information please contact Kim Olsen – Manager Financial and Administrative Services on (07) 4783 9800.