Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Governance and Local Laws Support Officer to provide administrative support to the Manager Governance and Local Laws and departmental services.
The key responsibilities include providing a variety of administrative support to the Governance and Local Laws Department including the following sections:
- Governance and Local Laws
- Environment and Health
- Waste Services
- Animal Control
- Pest Management
- External contracts
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Considerable experience in the use of computer software systems in an administrative role
- Ability to plan and prioritise own work to meet deadlines and achieve outcomes
- Demonstrated high level of communication skills both written and oral including letter and report writing
- Considerable experience with sourcing and providing information
- Demonstrated high level of customer service skills in a high pressure environment
- Demonstrated ability to learn
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 3 ($66,826pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 15/37 - Governance and Local Laws Support Officer - (pdf 752.64 kB)
Applications for 15/37 – Governance and Local Laws Support Officer should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria
Applications are to be submitted online using the Online Job Application Form.
Applications close on Friday, 27 November 2015. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Robyn Brock – Environmental Health Support Officer (07) 4783 9800.