Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Customer Services Officer. The position involves working on a rotational basis across the call centre and front counter.
The key responsibilities include:
- Provide high quality multifunctional Customer Service to the Burdekin Shire Council’s external and internal customers
- Provide a positive and proactive service to customers through effective communication, conflict resolution, problem solving and advocacy
- Process all service requests for the provision of works and tasks to be undertaken via our electronic Customer Request Management System
- Receipting functions for customers by way of cash, cheques and EFTPOS facilities
- Process all Council applications, permits and payments efficiently
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Extensive experience in the provision of Customer Service by telephone and in person
- Demonstrated highly developed interpersonal and communication skills so as to identify customer needs and respond in an appropriate manner
- Demonstrated ability to acquire product knowledge and new skills and adapt to continual changes in process, practice and technology
- Demonstrated ability to source, interpret and concisely communicate information in response to customer enquiries
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to a team that values a positive working environment, self-development and initiative
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 3 ($66,826pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 16/01 - Customer Services Officer - (pdf 429.96 kB)
Applications for 16/01 – Customer Services Officer should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria
Applications are to be submitted online using the Online Job Application Form.
Applications close on Monday, 18 January 2016. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Mrs. Belinda Tinus – Human Resources Co-ordinator on (07) 4783 9800.