Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Labourer in the Works section.
The key responsibilities include:
- Assisting work team members with the construction and maintenance of Council infrastructure in accordance with specifications, plans and safety documentation.
- Undertake work as detailed in the relevant work quality plans and work procedures ensuring compliance with all Acts, Regulations and Codes of Practice including the Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices, Work Method Statements and the like.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Demonstrated sound written and verbal communication skills and the ability to follow both written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to assess safety risks and complete and understand risk assessments associated with works.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment.
- Physical ability necessary to undertake manual handling and labouring for extended period in direct sunlight if required.
- MR Drivers Licence.
The gross fortnightly wage for this position is $1,934.89 which includes Construction Allowance.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 16/03 - Labourer - Works - (pdf 482.15 kB)
Applications for 16/03 – Labourer – Works should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
- online using the Online Job Application Form
- by email to
- by mail to –
Confidential Application No. 16/03
PO Box 974
AYR Qld 4807
Applications will close on Friday, 29 January 2016.
For further information please contact the Works Overseer, Mr. Robert Potter on (07) 4783 9930.