Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Plant Operator within the Works section.
The key responsibilities include:
- Undertake components of the Department’s works programme, demonstrating an ability to make judgements on routine work conditions and processes, independent from senior staff and accepting responsibility for those judgements
- Ensure the efficient use of materials, plant and labour including completion of plant defect reports as necessary
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Current licence or a certificate of competency for relevant machine
- Demonstrated experience in operation of relevant machine during road construction activities
- Proven ability to work under minimum supervision and in a team based environment
- Proven ability to recognise and follow both verbal and written instructions
- Demonstrated commitment to maintaining a safe working environment
- Current Class MR Drivers Licence
The gross fortnightly wage for this position is $2,004.69 which includes Construction Allowance.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 16/05 - Plant Operator - Works - (pdf 439.52 kB)
Applications for 16/05 – Plant Operator – Works should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
- online using the Online Job Application Form
- by email to
- by mail to
Confidential Application No. 16/05
PO Box 974
AYR Qld 4807
Applications will close on Friday, 12 February 2016. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact the Works Overseer, Mr. Robert Potter on (07) 4783 9930.