Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for an Executive Secretary to perform the duties of Personal Assistant to the Mayor and provide assistance to the Chief Executive Officer as required.
The key responsibilities include:
- Perform executive secretarial duties for Mayor – Record all correspondence and prepare responses. Receive and handle enquiries (counter and telephone) for the Mayor with a high degree of judgement, initiative and confidentiality. All enquiries to be recorded and referred to the Mayor for personal attention.
- Maintain efficient management of the Mayor’s diary and time, conference registration, air travel and accommodation bookings as and when required. Assist in the preparation of functions including civic receptions.
- Undertake research and collate information so as to provide the Mayor with background information on matters put before him or her.
- Support and assist the Mayor in maintaining and enhancing relationships with the community, business and other levels of government.
- Provide executive secretarial support for Chief Executive Officer as and when required.
- Maintain good public relations and treat relevant work related information as confidential.
- Sound practices and the provision of prompt and courteous attention to all enquiries and requests from the public, elected members, other government agencies and/or Council staff offering sound responses to enquiries.
- As and when required, attend meetings with the Mayor and record proceedings, prepare minutes, and initiate follow up action as appropriate.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 3 ($66,826pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 16/10 - Executive Secretary - (pdf 434.8 kB)
Applications for 16/10 – Executive Secretary should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
- online using the Online Job Application Form
- by email to
- by mail to
Confidential Application No. 16/10
PO Box 974
AYR Qld 4807
Applications close on Tuesday, 26 April 2016. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Eileen Robinson – Manager Client Services on (07) 4783 9800.