The Burdekin Region offers an outstanding lifestyle that is both contemporary and relaxed. The major township of Ayr is less than an hour’s drive to the city of Townsville. The Burdekin has excellent health and educational facilities, and an excellent array of cultural, sporting and recreational activities.
The Manager – Water and Wastewater is accountable for the safe, reliable and efficient delivery of the water and wastewater services provided by Council through the coordination of all water and wastewater construction, operational and maintenance activities.
The key responsibilities include:-
- Responsible for the daily supervision of the Council’s water and wastewater coordinators, administration officers, consultants and contractors.
- Deliver targeted outcomes stated in the Risk Management Improvement Program of the Burdekin Shire Council Drinking Water Quality Management Plan.
- Ensure compliance with Certificates of Registration issued under the Environmental Protection Act 1994 for the operation of wastewater collection, distribution and treatment infrastructure.
- Operational control of Council resources including employees, contractors, plant and equipment in the delivery of Council’s Water and Wastewater capital and maintenance programmes.
- Maintain compliance with Burdekin Shire Council Customer Service Standards for Water and Wastewater with a primary focus on the customer through appropriate communication.
- Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable and responsible work practices.
- Investigate and plan the optimisation of potable water distribution systems.
- Investigate and plan the optimisation of chemical addition processes in water and wastewater.
- Provide as constructed details of all new, replacement and abandoned water and sewerage infrastructure to Design Office Manager in a timely manner for asset management capture.
- Establishment of the water and wastewater maintenance and 10 year capital works programmes.
- Establish, review and maintain operating procedures for mains break repairs, flushing, mains swabbing, air scouring, disinfection control and maintenance of chlorine residuals for the department ensuring water safety as a priority.
- Investigate complaints from public, assess authenticity, and take corrective action within limits of authority and report to the Manager Operations.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
Up to a four year contract will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 16/12 - Manager Water and Wastewater - (pdf 441.95 kB)
Applications can be lodged electronically via the website and must include a cover letter, statements addressing the selection criteria and a current resume. Written applications can also be forwarded to . Applications close on Tuesday, 3 May 2016.
Further information can be obtained by contacting the Manager Operations, Mr Wayne Saldumbide on (07) 4783 9800.