Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Labourer within the Water and Wastewater section. This is a temporary position for a period of up to six months. Employment beyond this period is not guaranteed.
The key responsibilities include:
- General labouring duties within the Water and Wastewater reticulation and operational areas as directed on a daily basis.
- Maintenance to pump stations within the reticulation area.
- Assist with meter reading and maintenance.
- Participate in the On-call Roster and attend to out-of-hours emergencies as required.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Physical ability necessary to undertake manual handling and labouring for extended periods in direct sunlight.
- Demonstrated ability to work at heights and in confined spaces.
- Demonstrated sound written and verbal communication skills and the ability to follow both written and verbal instructions.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and with limited supervision.
- Minimum of a MR class driver’s licence.
- Working knowledge of plumbing fittings and their intended applications.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The gross fortnightly wage for this position is $1,934.89 which includes Construction Allowance.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 16/13 - Labourer - Water and Wastewater (Temporary) - (pdf 434.36 kB)
Applications for 16/13 – Labourer – Water and Wastewater (Temporary) should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
- online using the Online Job Application Form
- by email to
- by mail to
Confidential Application No. 16/13
PO Box 974
AYR Qld 4807
Applications will close on Tuesday, 3 May 2016. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact the Supervisor – Water and Wastewater, Mr. Darryl Smallman on (07) 4783 9800.