Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Community Outreach Services Coordinator to plan, facilitate and deliver quality outreach and library based services to all identified target groups which improve the social, cultural, learning and economic outcomes for the Burdekin community. This is a maternity relief position for a period of up to five months. Continued employment beyond this period is not guaranteed.
The key responsibilities include:
- Exercise responsibility for all aspects of the Community Outreach services to ensure the delivery of quality service and optimum utilisation of financial, physical and human resources.
- Develop, promote and deliver services and events both internally and throughout the community that improves the social, cultural, learning and economic outcomes for the community. These may include but are not limited to children, youth, adults, seniors and community groups.
- Implement and direct the Best Start Literacy program.
- Provide customer assistance at the library customer service desk when needed.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 4 ($73,031pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
Applications for 16/14 – Community Outreach Services Coordinator (Maternity Relief) should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
- online using the Online Job Application Form
- by email to
- by mail to
Confidential Application No. 16/14
PO Box 974
AYR Qld 4807
Applications close on Friday, 20 May 2016. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact John Scott – Library Manager (07) 4783 9970.