Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Trainee Library and Information Services Assistant. This is a twelve-month traineeship. Continuing employment beyond the twelve-month traineeship period cannot be guaranteed.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a Certificate III in Business Administration. This traineeship opportunity is made available with the assistance of funding. Your eligibility will be assessed upon receipt of your application.
The key responsibilities include:
- Customer Service Desk duties. These will include but are not limited to assisting the public in locating information by using the Library Software System. This position will require accurate data entry skills and the ability to support library clients in the use of computers, internet and other equipment
- Assist with setting up displays and exhibitions, and preparing for holiday activities
- Collecting newspapers and magazines daily from the newsagency
- Daily visit to Council offices for mail
- Assist the Community Development Team with projects as required
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Demonstrated interest in books and reading
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Library and the services it provides to the community
- Demonstrated customer service skills in a work environment
- Demonstrated ability to complete a course of study within set time frames
- Demonstrated ability to work in a small team environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of a range of computer programs and functions
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The salary ranges from $676.91 to $1260.15 gross per fortnight dependent upon age and the highest year of schooling completed.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 16/32 - Trainee Library and Information Services Assistants - (pdf 454.95 kB)
Applications for 16/32 – Trainee Library and Information Services Assistants should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the position description
Applications are to be submitted online using the Traineeship and Apprenticeship Application Form.
Applications close on Friday, 21 October 2016. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact John Scott – Library Manager on (07) 4783 9800.