Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Compliance Officer. This is a temporary position for a period of up to twelve months.
The key responsibilities include:
- Undertake compliance activities including inspections, patrols and investigations, to identify breaches of Council’s Local Laws and the Animal Management (Cats and Dogs) Act, including seizure and impounding of animals including livestock.
- Undertake investigations into alleged dog attacks, aggressive /nuisance animals, breaches of conditions for regulated and/or restricted dogs.
- Investigate customer requests relating to the position and take enforcement action when necessary including issuing compliance notices, penalty infringement notices and obtaining warrants.
- Gather and document evidence for further enforcement action, including interviewing alleged offenders and preparing statements; taking and storing photographic evidence and collection and storage of physical evidence.
- Undertake community education and promotional activities on topics including responsible animal ownership.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Sound written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in handing animals including dogs, cats and livestock.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to work in high conflict area.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Basic computer skills with the ability to adapt to new computer technology.
- Demonstrated understanding, or the ability to acquire understanding, in legislation enforcement.
- Possession of a current and maintained Queensland “C” class drivers licence, manual vehicles.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire Position Description.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 3 ($66,826pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 16/39 - Compliance Officer (Temporary) - (pdf 438.28 kB)
Applications for 16/39 – Compliance Officer (Temporary) should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found on the last page of the Position Description
Applications close on Tuesday, 17 January 2017. Word or PDF format is preferable.
Applications are to be submitted online using the Online Job Application Form.
For further information please contact Linda Govan or Anne Christman on (07) 4783 9800.