Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Leading Hand (Construction) in the Works section to assist with the construction and maintenance of roads, footpaths, kerbing and channelling, drainage structures, boat ramps and other Council infrastructure.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Demonstrated experience in new road construction, drainage works, concreting, Main Roads, and Council maintenance operations
- Demonstrated ability to read and comprehend job plans, specifications and reinforcing schedules
- Demonstrated experience in job set-out and level control using the following equipment – Dumpy Level, Theodolite, Laser level and Total Station
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work under minimum supervision in a leadership role
- Demonstrated ability to manage time, set priorities and plan works
- Current Class “MR” (Medium Rigid) driver’s licence
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The gross fortnightly wage for this position ranges from $2,123.72 to $2,266.74 with the commencing wage dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 17/03 - Leading Hand (Construction) - Works - (pdf 439.63 kB)
Applications for 17/03 – Leading Hand (Construction) – Works should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
- online using the Online Job Application Form
- by email to
- by mail to
Confidential Application No. 17/03
PO Box 974
AYR Qld 4807
Applications close on Tuesday, 21 February 2017 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
Further information can be obtained by contacting the Works Overseer – Mr. Robert Potter on (07) 4783 9800.