Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Water Treatment Operator. This position is responsible for the operation, monitoring and maintenance of the facilities and plant used in the production and maintenance of a safe and acceptable water supply.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Completed Certificate II in Water Operations-Water Treatment and willingness to complete a Certificate III within 12 months of appointment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of electric pump operation and operational maintenance.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Australian Drinking Water Guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to operate SCADA via PCs, tablets and/or smart phones.
- Demonstrated ability to operate and maintain disinfection systems.
- Ability to attend emergency call-outs at the South Ayr Water Treatment Plant within a 15 minute timeframe.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The gross fortnightly wage for this position ranges from $1,969.82 to $2,074.31 with the commencing wage dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 17/04 - Water Treatment Operator - (pdf 449.89 kB)
Applications for 17/04 – Water Treatment Operator should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
- online using the Online Job Application Form
- by email to
- by mail to
Confidential Application No. 17/04
PO Box 974
AYR Qld 4807
Applications close on Tuesday, 21 February 2017 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
Further information can be obtained by contacting the Manager Water and Waste Water – Mr. Shaun Johnston on (07) 4783 9800.