Burdekin Shire Council is seeking applications for a Disaster Management Officer to provide administrative support in the coordination and facilitation of projects and community engagement functions.
The primary role of this position is to lead the programs as outlined in the 2016 – 2017 Get Ready Queensland funding arrangements for the Burdekin region.
This is a temporary, part-time position for a period of up to three months with the hours of work totalling 48 hours per fortnight.
Reporting directly to the Burdekin Local Disaster Management Group and Local Disaster Coordinator, the key responsibilities include:
- Undertake day-to-day disaster management tasks and activities.
- Assist in the preparation, response and recovery activities for emergencies affecting local residents and visitors including community education and awareness programs.
- Update and monitor the information on the Burdekin Shire Council’s Emergency webpage and ensure all information is current.
- Assist in the development, coordination and facilitation of Burdekin’s Area Warden Program for times of disasters.
- Assist in the development, coordination and facilitation of community based programs and promotions associated with local disaster management plans and emergency response strategies.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 3 ($44,243pa) with commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 17/06 - Disaster Management Officer (Temporary Part Time) - (pdf 435.75 kB)
Applications for 17/06 – Disaster Management Officer should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found on the last page of the Position Description
Applications are to be submitted online using the Online Job Application Form.
Applications close on Monday, 13th March 2017 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact the Manager Client Services – Eileen Robinson on (07) 4783 9800.