Burdekin Shire Council is seeking applications for a Community and Economic Development Support Officer to provide administrative support in the community and economic development sections of Council.
This is a temporary, full-time position for a period of up to six months with the hours of work totalling 72.5 hours per fortnight.
Reporting directly to the Manager Community Development, the key responsibilities include:
- Support the Manager Community Development to successfully carry out the functions of the Community Development section.
- Support the Economic Development Support Officer to successfully carry out the functions of the Economic Development section.
- Independently manage and implement small-scale projects or components of large-scale projects when required and assist with event management of Council events and provide support for iconic community events.
- Assist the Burdekin Tourism Association and the Visitor Information Centres and carry out administration duties as required, including updating of Council’s tourism website.
- Attendance at events/meetings after hours or on weekends.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 3 ($66,826pa) with commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 17/08 - Community and Economic Development Support Officer (Temporary Full Time) - (pdf 432.02 kB)
Applications for 17/08 – Community and Economic Development Support Officer should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found on the last page of the Position Description
Applications are to be submitted online using the Online Job Application Form.
Applications close on Wednesday 22 March 2017 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact the Economic Development Support Officer – Eliza Lovell on (07) 4783 9800.