Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Labourer in the Parks section to assist with the maintenance of Council parks, gardens, public open spaces and cemeteries by undertaking general labouring duties.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Demonstrated knowledge of landscaping and parks operations.
- Demonstrated experience in operating plant and equipment associated with parks management i.e. industrial mower, edger, brush cutters, small plant, chainsaw etc.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills and the ability to follow both verbal and written instructions.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment with limited supervision.
- Minimum of C class drivers licence.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The gross fortnightly wage for this position is $1,934.89 which includes Construction Allowance.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 17/11 - Labourer - Parks - (pdf 429.08 kB)
Applications for 17/11 – Labourer – Parks should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
- online using the Online Job Application Form
- by email to
- by mail to
Confidential Application No. 17/11
PO Box 974
AYR Qld 4807
Applications close on Wednesday, 5 April 2017 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
Further information can be obtained by contacting the Parks Coordinator – Tano Buono on (07) 4783 9800.