Burdekin Shire Council is seeking applications for a Casual Compliance Officer to join our Compliance Team.
Reporting to the Coordinator Environment and Health, this position will be required to provide on-call services and provide relief support for the Compliance Team. On-call services includes on weekends, public holidays and during Council closures.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Sound written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in handing animals including dogs, cats and livestock.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to work in high conflict area.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated understanding, or the ability to acquire understanding, in legislation enforcement.
- Basic computer skills with the ability to adapt to new computer technology.
- Possession of a current Queensland “C” class drivers licence for manual vehicles.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 17/13 - Casual Compliance Officer - (pdf 436.97 kB)
Applications for 17/13 – Casual Compliance Officer should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
- online using the Online Job Application Form
- by email to
- by mail to
Confidential Application No. 17/13
PO Box 974
AYR Qld 4807
Applications close on Monday, 24 April 2017 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact the Coordinator Environment and Health – Linda Govan on (07) 4783 9800.