Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Safety and Quality Advisor. This is a part time position with the hours of work totalling 60 hours per fortnight. This is a maternity relief position for a period of up to 15 months.
The successful applicant will undertake a range of administrative activities as part of the Work Health and Safety Team and manage, implement, and maintain an effective safety management system conforming to all legislative requirements and Council’s Safety Management System – JLT Safe Plan.
Reporting to the Safety and Productivity Coordinator the key responsibilities include:
- Commitment to implementing Council’s policies, procedures and other legislative requirements in relation to Safety and Quality Assurance.
- Recommend enhancements to work health and safety policy and procedures to enable Council to comply with its statutory obligations under Work Health and Safety Act 2011 and supporting legislation.
- Conduct various training activities including initial employee inductions and other work health and safety training sessions for all staff including Councillors and Management.
- Carry out inspections on major projects and those which have a potentially high risk factor to ensure that safe work practices are being implemented.
- Assessment of Council work activities and attempt to predict outcomes so that preventative procedures and training can be implemented to minimise accidents and injuries.
- Conduct audits of projects that are major or have high risk factors to assess compliance with policies, procedures, and safe work practices.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The annual salary for this part time position is to a ceiling of Level 3 ($55,304pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 17/34 Safety and Quality Advisor (Maternity Relief) - (pdf 206.03 kB)
Applications for 17/34 – Safety and Quality Advisor (Maternity Relief) should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description.
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Monday, 11 September 2017 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Brad Hutchinson – Safety and Productivity Coordinator on (07) 4783 9800.