Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for two Trainee Library and Information Services Assistants. The successful applicants will complete a traineeship in the Library while undertaking a Certificate III in Business Administration. The traineeship qualification has a nominal duration of 12 months.
This traineeship opportunity is made available with the assistance of funding under the Queensland Government’s Skilling Queenslanders for Work – First Start Program. The First Start Program primarily targets young Queensland school leavers and disadvantaged job seekers considered at risk of enduring prolonged periods of unemployment. Funding eligibility will be assessed upon receipt of your application. The First Start Program funding guideline is available at https://training.qld.gov.au/site/community-orgs/Documents/funded/sqw/first-start-funding-guidelines.pdf.
The key responsibilities include:
- Customer Service Desk duties including assisting the public in locating information and supporting library clients in the use of computers, internet and other equipment
- Assist with setting up displays and exhibitions, and preparing for library activities
- Collecting newspapers and magazines daily from the newsagency
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
Wages and Conditions of employment will be determined in accordance with the Order – Apprentices’ and Trainees’ Wages and Conditions (Excluding Certain Queensland Government Entities) 2003; Training Wage Award – State 2012 and Council’s Certified Agreement. Currently, the salary ranges from $676.91 to $1,260.15 gross per fortnight dependent upon age and the highest year of schooling completed.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 17/42 - Trainee Library and Information Services Assistants - (pdf 213.48 kB)
Applications for 17/42 – Trainee Library and Information Services Assistants should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the position description
- Traineeship Eligibility Questionnaire
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Friday, 13 October 2017. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Alexis Adams – Library Services Manager on (07) 4783 9800.