Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for an Accounts Payable Officer. This is a fulltime position within the Expenditure Services section of Council.
The key responsibilities include:
- Review, follow up of incomplete items and data entry of creditor invoices and reconciling of monthly statements to ensure accurate, appropriate and timely creditor account processing for weekly, fortnightly and monthly payment runs.
- Ensure accurate claiming of GST for monthly BAS.
- Maintain creditors’ masterfile database.
- Resolve and respond to Creditors’ requests and correspondence.
- Various reconciliations of accounts and employee purchases.
- Compilation of spreadsheets and reports for section.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- High level of administrative and financial experience.
- Ability to plan and prioritise own work to meet deadlines and achieve work outcomes.
- High level of communication skills both written and oral.
- Skills and experience with the Microsoft Office Suite and relevant financial systems.
- Ability to maintain a harmonious and productive team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to handle private, confidential and sensitive information
The commencing salary is dependent upon age and experience of the successful applicant with a minimum starting rate of $56,843 per annum.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link:
- Job Vacancy 17/48 - Accounts Payable Officer - (pdf 200.56 kB)
Applications for 17/48 – Accounts Payable Officer should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description.
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Wednesday 11 October 2017 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Deanna Otto, Accounts Payable Administrator on (07) 4783 9800.