Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for an Administration Officer to undertake a range of clerical activities including minute taking.
The key responsibilities include:
- Perform a range of clerical activities requiring the application of established work procedures within the Administration and Records Section
- Minute taking and preparation of minutes for Council, Committee and other meetings
- Daily capture and registration of correspondence within council’s record management system
- Agenda compilation and distribution
- Assist with disposal of records which have met the requirements of approved retention and disposal schedules
- Assist Records staff with the search and retrieval of corporate documents
- Assist with routine records tasks and processes
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Demonstrated experience in routine administration or clerical work within the confines of established procedures, with occasional complex situations
- Demonstrated experience and skills in formal meeting minute taking
- Demonstrated ability to apply time management skills to the workplace with reference to planning and organising own work
- Demonstrated commitment to providing quality client service
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and implement new skills with computer systems and applications
- Demonstrated ability to handle private, confidential and sensitive information
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire Position Description.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 2 ($60,625pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 17/21 - Administration Officer - (pdf 430.11 kB)
Applications for 17/21 – Administration Officer should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
Applications are to be submitted online using the Online Job Application Form.
Applications close on Friday, 7 July 2017. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact the Administration and Records Coordinator, Mrs. Jacqui Thomasson on (07) 4783 9800.