The function of improving the local economy through encouragement of industry, employment, tourism and regional development.
Please refer to the below list for a range of business support services in Queensland.Preview...Hide...
Please refer to the below list for a range of business support services in Queensland.
Information about conferences hosted by the Economic and Community Development Department of the Burdekin Shire Council to further the development of the region.Preview...Hide...
The Economic and Community Development Department of the Burdekin Shire Council hosts various conferences to further the development of the region.
Information about these activities can be found here.
The Burdekin has an exciting future with emerging industries being developed. For more information about these emerging industries please click on the heading above.Preview...Hide...
The Burdekin has a number of exciting emerging industries. Click on the information sheets below for more information.
The following websites assist business and community to access government funding programs and associated guidelines. If you are aware of a funding program or funding website that we have not listed, please contact us.Preview...Hide...
The following websites assist business and community to access government funding programs and associated guidelines. If you are aware of a funding program or funding website that we have not listed, please contact us.
Information about presentations and meetings hosted by the Economic and Community Development Department to further the development of the region.Preview...Hide...
The Economic and Community Development Department hosts various presentations and meetings to further the development of the region.
Information about these activities can be found here.
This promotional DVDs display the best the Burdekin has to offer families, business enterprises, the travelling community, friends and tourists.Preview...Hide...
Welcome to the Burdekin
This promotional DVD displays the best the Burdekin has to offer families, business enterprises, the travelling community, friends and tourists.
The Burdekin Region offers an outstanding lifestyle that is both contemporary and relaxed.
The major township of Ayr is only a short drive to the regional centre of Townsville.
The Burdekin has abundant water supplies, excellent health and educational facilities as well as offering a fantastic array of cultural, sporting and recreational activities.
Burdekin Bridge 50th Anniversary
Celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the Burdekin Bridge with aerial views of the mighty Burdekin River, Burdekin Falls Dam and the Burdekin Delta.
Burdekin Shire Council Labour Campaign
The Burdekin Region offers an outstanding lifestyle that is both contemporary and relaxed with employment opportunities for
- Farm Workers
- Cane Harvesters
- Haulout Drivers
- Cane Planting Operators
- Horticultural Field and Shed Workers
The Mighty Burdekin River – Catchment to the Sea
Located in the North Eastern section of Queensland, the Burdekin River is the centerpiece to an entire network of rivers.
Come on a journey along the Burdekin River and through the “Burdekin Region” to learn more about the people and the places that make this section of Queensland a place worth visiting – and on that you will never forget.
South Burdekin Water Board
The South Burdekin Water Area is a unique groundwater area which is considered the largest coastal aquifer in Australia. Its yield has been managed to develop one of the most highly productive sugar producing areas in the world.
The South Burdekin Water Board is a self-governed body entirely financed by growers and millers in the South Burdekin Area. The board and area was constituted in 1966.
The South Burdekin Water Board’s role is to develop and manage ground water replenishment in the twenty-eight thousand hectare Water Area.
Artificial Recharge means increasing subterranean water supply artificially. Artificial recharge not only adds water to available groundwater supply, but it is also an effective means of disposing of storm water run off.
Economic and Community Development Reports and other useful information on the Burdekin Shire.Preview...Hide...
The Economic Development Department has undertaken a number of reports to ensure the Burdekin remains a prosperous and growing community.
- Burdekin Investment Profile - (pdf 2.52 MB)
- Burdekin Shire Community Portrait 2006 - (xls 1.77 MB)
- Burdekin Shire Economic Portrait 2006 - (xls 1.59 MB)
- Burdekin Sport and Recreation Plan 2007-2017 - (pdf 2.37 MB)
- Burdekin Tourism Plan - (pdf 3.44 MB)
- Doing Business in the Burdekin - Fast Facts - (pdf 904.9 kB)
- Economic Development Strategy 2015-2020 - (pdf 1.35 MB)
- Industry Development Strategy - (pdf 379.37 kB)
- Investment Exhibition Sign - (pdf 338.47 kB)
- Lifestyle and Tourism - Fast Facts - (pdf 931.94 kB)
- North Qld Local Farmers Market Feasability Study - (pdf 2.74 MB)
- NQ3 Enterprise Stategy Final Report - (pdf 4.55 MB)
- Queensland's Agriculture Strategy - (pdf 1.9 MB)
- Regional Profile - Aquaculture - (pdf 573.84 kB)
- Regional Profile - Business and Industry - (pdf 364 kB)
- Regional Profile - Lifestyle - (pdf 565.09 kB)
- Regional Profile - Nature Based Tourism - (pdf 1.29 MB)
- Regional Profile - Sugar Value Adding - (pdf 321.98 kB)
- Sucrogen Sugar Information Booklet - (pdf 3.65 MB)
- Tourism Exhibition Signage - (pdf 829.13 kB)