The Bi-annual Burdekin Crime Prevention and Community Safety Conference provides an opportunity for practical demonstrations, presentations and showcasing of projects and initiatives that have been developed in various communities and environments to address crime and safety issues.
The two-day conference was held at the Burdekin Theatre, Ayr on Thursday 6th & Friday 7th September, 2012. The conference showcased a total of 14 presentations/projects, and included important networking time with each of the presenters. For further information or biographies on guest speakers, you can download a full copy of the conference program.
To view presentations from the 2012 Crime Prevention and Community Safety Conference, please use the links below (please note that some files a quite large and may take some time to download):
- Presentation by Babette Doherty, Victims Assist Qld – Assisting Victims of Personal Crime in Qld
- Presentation by Sgt. Jason Cooke, QPS – Joint Agencies Youth Strategy Project (J.A.Y.S)
- Presentation by Debbie Osgood, Rockdale City Council – The Writings on the Wall (Graffiti Prevention)
- Presentation by Dr. Shannon Spriggs, Griffith University – An Effective Bystander Intervention Strategy
- Presentation by Mr. Lemm Ex, Acting Privacy Commissioner – Identity Theft Do’s and Don’ts
- Presentation by Jennifer Fredericks, Logan City Council – Rapid Action Deployment Surveillance System
- Presentation by Topsy Tapim, Qld Indigenous Family Violence Legal Service (QIFVLS) – Overview and Information on QIFVLS
- Presentation by Sgt. Gil Napper, Townsville PCYC – Support and Strengthening Partnership Program with Education Qld
- Presentation by Garry Oliver, BARS Training Australia – Security – Who Can You Trust?
- Presentation by Cons. Joanna Wright, QPS and Jodi Pringle, Qld Youth Services – ‘Stop Harassing Me’ Postcard
- Presentation by Debbie Osgood, Rockdale City Council – CCTV: Does It Make It Safer?
- Presentation by Outback Matty – Life Skills Education Program
- CHOICES Presentation by Sgt. Nigel Dalton, Christine Lowe & CQ University Students
The Burdekin Crime Prevention and Community Safety Conference was hosted by the Burdekin Shire Council, together with it’s Burdekin Building Safer Communities Action Team (BSCAT). The Conference was sponsored by Burdekin Night Alert.
For more information or any further queries please contact Tammy Quagliata at Burdekin Shire Council on 4783 9832.