During the course of construction, the responsible person (Plumber/Drainer) who installs the plumbing/house drainage are required under the provisions of the Standard Plumbing & Drainage Regulations to have the work inspected.
Council’s standard conditions of plumbing and drainage approval require inspections at the following stages:
- Installation of underslab drainage, under test and prior to covering works
- Installation of House drainage under test and prior to covering works
- Installation of Water rough-in, under test and prior to covering works
- Installation of elevated pipe work, under test and prior to covering works
- Compliance Assessment application for plumbing, drainage and on-site sewerage work
- Within 7 days of the completion of plumbing and drainage works – final
Work also classified under the new Form 4 Schedule may also be lodged at Council with works to be inspected.
Inspections can be booked through Council’s Customer Service Centre provided a minimum 24 hours notice is given. The responsible person must within 7 days request a final plumbing and drainage compliance certificate for the works inspected. The inspections are carried out for the purpose of assisting Council in carrying out its duty of enforcement of the Act to the extent that Council’s resources make that possible.
Inspections are not undertaken for the purpose of guaranteeing the quality of standards of workmanship as inspections only indicate compliance with approvals of the work at the time of inspection.