Library membership is free to all Queensland residents with identification (Drivers Licence, Healthcare Card, electricity bill etc). Children under the age of 18 must be endorsed by a parent or guardian with identification.
Library members have access to unlimited Wi Fi and one hour library computer access.
To join just bring in suitable I.D. (list above), we will issue you with a library card and you’re ready to start borrowing and enjoying the benefits from both Burdekin Library and the Home Hill Branch Library.
Members may borrow 18 items for 4 weeks, including up to 6 DVD’s.
Your membership card is necessary to borrow.
We are able to send reminders about reservations or overdue items via letter, email or SMS messaging.
Once you have your membership card, make your selection and bring them to the friendly staff at the Customer Service Desk, you will receive a receipt with the due date. Enjoy!
International and interstate visitors are offered a visitor membership that requires proof of identity and current residency, as well as a $25 non-refundable fee.
Visitors are able to borrow 2 items for 4 weeks with the same Internet and Wi Fi privileges as members.
To join just bring in suitable I.D. (passport/licence) and your $25, we will issue you with a library card and you’re ready to start borrowing and enjoying the benefits from both Burdekin Library and the Home Hill Branch Library.
What information we store about you and how we use it
- used to identify your member account
- used to verify that you are eligible to receive full membership benefits and are an eligible QLD resident.
- used to contact you when your membership is expiring
- used to contact you about items you have on loan or have requested
- used to contact you about items you have on loan or have requested. This will be either by a phone call or SMS message if you have opted in to our SMS Service
Where your data is stored
To offer some of our services, we need to store membership data offshore and may share your information with companies based outside Australia. These suppliers are only allowed to use the data for contractually-agreed purposes and must handle data in a confidential and secure manner in accordance with Queensland privacy legislation (Information Privacy Act 2009).
Why do we collect your personal information?
The Burdekin Library collects your personal information to enable access to our collections and services. The confidentiality, privacy and security of your personal information is important to us.
- We will manage your information carefully to ensure you can access our collections, services and facilities.
- We will only collect information that we need to deliver our services to you.