Council held a Burdekin Value-Adding Seminar on Friday, May 15 at the Burdekin Theatre, Queen Street, Ayr.
The Seminar focused on value-adding which refers to manufacturing processes that increase the value of primary agricultural commodities. Value-adding to agriculture is regarded as a significant rural development strategy.
Value-adding could mean organic produce, identity preserved grains, non- traditional crop production, bio-fuels and agri-tourism, to name a few.
Opportunities exist in the Burdekin Shire for further value-adding and there are companies in the Burdekin right now value-adding to our primary resources.
Please find below a list of presentations from the seminar.
- Blue Ribbon - Stephen Donnelly - (ppsx 6.38 MB)
- Impact Innovation Group - Brian Ruddle - (pdf 431.84 kB)
- MBD Energy - Andrew Lawson - (pdf 4.42 MB)
- Pacific Reef Fisheries - John Moloney - (pdf 7.95 MB)
- Port Of Townsville - Maria James - (pdf 2.93 MB)
- Rabobank - Marc Oostdijk - (pdf 4.98 MB)
- SunRice - David Keldie - (pdf 6.73 MB)
- TIQ - Glen Nunn - (pdf 1.14 MB)
- Wilmar Sugar - Mike McLeod and Paul Giordani - (pdf 2.73 MB)
- Rice Research Australia - Russell Ford - (pdf 7 MB)
- KFSU - Gordon Edwards - (pdf 4.72 MB)
For more information contact Council’s Economic Development Team on 4783 9800.