The elected Mayor and councillors play an important role in improving the livability of our community by considering and maintaining many of the services and facilities used in everyday life. Some of the functions include addressing residents’ needs, providing essential infrastructure and protecting the environment.
Committee Membership of Councillors
The Mayor and Councillors are members of the following committees.
Details coming soon!
Meet Your Councillors
The elected Mayor and six Councillors play an important role in improving the liveability of our community by providing many of the services and facilities used in everyday life.
The position of Deputy Mayor is being shared among four of the six Councillors and each will have a term of twelve months. The order of rotation for the role of Deputy Mayor is: Councillors John Woods, Tony Goddard, John Bonanno and Sue Perry, noting that Councillors Ted Bawden and Uli Liessmann indicated that they are unable to undertake the role of Deputy Mayor during the current term of Council.
Ordinary Council Meetings are held on the second Tuesday and fourth Tuesday of each month.
The Burdekin Shire Council consists of:-
- Councillor Lyn McLaughlin (Mayor)
- Councillor Tony Goddard (Deputy Mayor)
- Councillor Ted Bawden
- Councillor John Bonanno
- Councillor Uli Liessmann
- Councillor Sue Perry
- Councillor John Woods
Meetings and Community Event Attendance by Councillors
The meetings and community events attended by the Mayor and Councillors are shown here.
Details coming soon!
Register of Councillors’ Interests
The Local Government Regulation 2012 requires that Council establish and maintain a Register of Councillors’ Interests. The elected Mayor and Councillors’ interests are detailed below.
- Register of Interests for Councillor John Bonanno - (pdf 80.76 kB)
- Register of Interests for Councillor John Woods - (pdf 84.78 kB)
- Register of Interests for Councillor Lyn McLaughlin (Mayor) - (pdf 41.9 kB)
- Register of Interests for Councillor Sue Perry - (pdf 88.35 kB)
- Register of Interests for Councillor Ted Bawden - (pdf 80.7 kB)
- Register of Interests for Councillor Tony Goddard - (pdf 42.32 kB)
- Register of Interests for Councillor Uli Liessmann - (pdf 89.64 kB)