John Scott07 4783 9971
- Appointed to position of Manager Library Services April 2009.
- Prior to that worked for two international Library software companies in various roles and was Library Manager at Parkes Shire Council and Bega Valley Shire Council in New South Wales.
- Has professional qualifications in Librarianship and a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
- Lived in the Burdekin since 2009.
- Enjoys walking his Boston Terrier “Buster”
The Burdekin Library and the Home Hill Branch Library are staffed by five full-time employees, one part-time employee and one trainee. The objective of the section is to provide and promote library services to the community. Library operations are administered as per Local Law – Libraries and a Service Level Agreement with State Library of Queensland. Management of library services is in cooperation with Council and the State Library of Queensland.
Areas of Responsibility
- Administration and management of library operations, as per Local Law – Libraries
- Develop and maintain stock collection
- Evaluate developments in the Library’s computerised management system
- Compile, submit and control budget
- Develop and maintain public relations and promotion of library services
- Compile statistical reports for Council and State Library of Queensland
- Report and recommend to Council on all matters dealing with library services