The water and waste water section provides potable water supply and waste water disposal services in accordance with state legislation and national standards.
Council provides a pressurised potable water supply to the townships of Ayr, Brandon, Home Hill, Giru and Mount Kelly, and low-flow potable water supplies to adjoining areas of Alva, Sutcliffe Estate, Airdmillan, Klondyke, Colevale, Groper Creek Road, Giru Rural and Poopoonbah.
Council provides reticulated sewerage to the Ayr, Brandon and Home Hill townships. In all, there are more than 6000 water supply connections and 5500 sewerage connections.
Areas of Responsibility
- Respond to customer service requests in accordance with Council’s Total Management Plan and customer service standards
- Regular sampling of potable water to ensure compliance with the Australian Drinking Water Guidelines
- Regular sampling of discharges from Waste Water Treatment Plants to ensure compliance with guidelines and licences
- Undertake capital upgrade and maintenance programs to ensure reliability of the Water and Waste Water infrastructure networks
- Undertake half-yearly water meter reading