Whenever and wherever it suits you, you can use the Snap Send Solve app on your smart phone or tablet to report issues to the Council.
You can expect a response within about 4 business hours.
What is Snap Send Solve?
Snap Send Solve is a free app for iPhone, iPad and Android devices that allows residents to take a photo of an issue such as a pot hole or illegal dumping and email the council to report the problem or provide general feedback.
All reports from Snap Send Solve are sent from the app using your email address so that the council can communicate directly with you to fix the issue.
How does Snap Send Solve work?
Snap Send Solve determines your council using your smartphone’s GPS location.
Once your GPS location has been determined the server sends back all relevant council
details, including contact information, location, and email contact.
Snap Send Solve allows you to easily capture a photo and send an email to the Council.
What can I Snap Send Solve the Council about?
Snap Send Solve the Council can be used to report a problem such as a pothole, request information or just to give the council feedback.
What will happen with my email?
- If you are providing constructive feedback to council, you will receive a response email recognising your comments.
- If you are reporting a problem such as a pothole or water leak, you will receive a response email with a Service Request Number, which you can quote if you have any further enquiries about the matter you’ve reported.
- If you are reporting a compliance matter such as a roaming dog or enquiring about a confidential matter such as rates information, you will receive a response email asking you to call our Customer Service Centre on 07 4783 9800. Certain matters such as these require our Customer Service Representatives to speak with you directly.
- If you are requesting information such as library opening times, a response email will be sent to you with the details you’ve requested. If it isn’t a question we can respond to via email, we’ll ask you to call our Customer Service Centre on 07 4783 9800.
- If your message is of an abusive nature, you will not receive a response.
How much will Snap Send Solve the Council cost me?
The Snap Send Solve app will communicate with the data centre to obtain the correct council information and will then send an email to the Council.
This communication may incur internet data charges or may come out of your data package allowance.
Is there a potential for messages to be delayed?
The Snap Send Solve the Council system is reliant upon the internet email systems. Delays in the delivery of email messages may occur but this is beyond the control of the council. If your issue is urgent, you should ring the relevant emergency service provider or phone council’s Customer Service Centre on 07 4783 9800.
What about emergency/disaster situations?
Emergency situations such as during a cyclone can result in power failure, loss of cell tower coverage and even loss of landline. The Snap Send Solve the Council Service is not intended for use in the event of an emergency.
If your situation requires immediate attention, contact the relevant emergency service provider. Please refer to the list of emergency contact details on our web site.
During an emergency you can also refer to the
Burdekin Shire Council Disaster Coordination Centre Facebook page.
How else can I contact the council?
Phone enquiries can only be made by calling council’s Customer Service Centre on 07 4783 9800.
Note: This app may incur data charges