Joining the Library
Membership is free to Burdekin residents and visitors who can provide proof of identity and residency.
Membership is classed as full membership and visitor membership.
Proof of identity and current residency must be provided to obtain full membership. Children under 18 must be endorsed by a parent or guardian who must also provide proof of identity and current residency. Full members can borrow up to 12 items at any one time.
To obtain visitor membership, proof of identity and current residency (receipt, letter etc.) must be provided, as well as paying a $25 non-refundable joining fee. Visitors are able to take out two items and have access to one hour on the library’s computers.
- Your membership card is necessary for all transactions.
- Full resident members may borrow up to 12 items for a period of one month , taken from the following:
- Twelve books
- Four magazines
- Four Audio Visual items(CD, DVD, Blu-Ray, CD-ROM)
- Six Audio Books (CD, MP3)
- Non-resident members can borrow up to four items with a limit of one audio visual item.
- You may renew or reserve library materials simply by phoning either library or visiting the library web site. You will need your membership card to do this.
- If you have any overdue items you will be sent a reminder notice either by email or mail.
- Your library membership card may be blocked if overdue items are not returned upon request.
Please notify the library of any change of name, address, phone number and email.