We are providing links to useful agricultural sites. Would you would like to see a link added ? email Us
Mental Health Resources for Rural Australians:
Managing the Pressures of Farming Handbook Farmers have put this manual together with the help of researchers, rural counsellors and health workers as part of the Farm Family Business Project. It is based on information that farmers in north-west NSW have provided about the impact of common pressures they face in their farm family businesses. The manual aims to point to the things we can do as a business, family and by ourself to manage the pressures in farming.
- On Track aims to support the Australian community to achieve mental and physical health and wellbeing. There are many Australians who do not access health care services for a range of reasons such as distance and cost. Making services available online means that more people will be able to get help for their mental and physical health concerns. OnTrack offers free access to online programs, information, quizzes and advice.
- CORES is a community based program which educates members of the local community how to intervene when somebody in the community is suicidal. The program takes the approach of “teaching people how to fish”, rather than giving them “food”, in that local community members are trained to be trainers and it is these local community people who deliver the program to their own community.
- Centre for Rural & Remote Mental Health (CRRMH) is based in Orange. It is a major rural initiative of The University of Newcastle, Faculty of Health and the NSW Department of Health. CRRMH aims to bring quality education and research programs to all rural areas of NSW through effective partnerships. The Centre will improve the mental health of rural and remote communities through academic leadership, collaboration and achievements in research, education, service development and information services.
- Centre for Rural & Remote Mental Health Queensland rural and remote Queenslanders, whoever they are and wherever they live, are able to access the best possible information and services that support their mental health and wellbeing, helping them to think, learn and live well with their own emotions and with those of others.
- Mental Health First Aid first aid is the help given to an injured person before medical treatment can be obtained. Mental Health First Aid is the help provided to a person developing a mental health problem or in a mental health crisis. The first aid is given until appropriate professional treatment is received or until the crisis resolves.
- Beyond Blue – Rural Portal rural people with depression face special challenges such as isolation and difficulty accessing services which is why we provide information especially targeted to people from rural and remote communities.
- Suicide Prevention Australia Position Statement on Responding to Suicide in Rural Australia.
- The Mental Health of People on Australian Farms The information contained in this booklet summarises currently available data relating to mental health issues in farmers, farm families and others in the agricultural industries in Australia.
- Headspace provides mental and health wellbeing support, information and services to young people and their families across Australia.
- Reach Out Australia provides young people with the information, help, support, advice and connections they need to manage mental health.
- Black Dog Institute is a not-for-profit, educational, research, clinical and community-oriented facility offering specialist expertise in depression and bipolar disorder.
- Lamp Inc. – Western Australia provides support services for people with mental illness, their carers and family members living in local south-west WA communities.
- MAN – Rural Men’s Support Services Western Australian
- 24 HOUR TELEPHONE SERVICES – Western Australia
- Australian Centre for Agricultural Health & Safety
- Lifeline’s Mental Health Resource Centre
- Lifeline’s Service Finder
- SANE Australia 1800 187 263
- Beyondblue 1300 22 46 36
- Lifeline Australia 13 11 14
- MensLine Australia 1300 78 99 78
- Kids Helpline – 1800 55 1800
- Relationships Australia 1300 364 277
- Managing in Drought
- Garnaut Review: Rural Mental Health Impacts of Climate Change
- National Rural Health Alliance – Suicide in Rural Australia Fact Sheet
- Centacare Counsellors can visit farms to provide family and relationships advice and support.
- Australian Red Cross Community Services
- St Vincent de Paul Society
- The Salvation Army
- Sisters of Charity Outreach – Country Care Link 1800 806 160 has been assisting rural families since 1992. The Service provides support and hospitality to country people visiting Sydney for medical purposes.
- Royal Flying Doctor Service – Clinical Services
We are going to be posting web sites that may hopefully be useful for the Agricultural community. This page created on 25 Jan 2011. Twitter - a website that according to Wikipedia "offers a social networking and microblogging service, enabling its users to send and read messages called tweets. Tweets are text-based posts of up [...]Preview...Hide...
We are going to be posting web sites that may hopefully be useful for the Agricultural community. This page created on 25 Jan 2011.
Twitter – a website that according to Wikipedia “offers a social networking and microblogging service, enabling its users to send and read messages called tweets. Tweets are text-based posts of up to 140 characters displayed on the user’s profile page. Tweets are publicly visible by default; however, senders can restrict message delivery to just their followers. Users may subscribe to other users’ tweets—this is known as following and subscribers are known as followers.
There are a number of Australian Agricultural companies that use twitter but do take the time to investigate the #agchatoz feed on twitter. Its a great way to connect with farmers and those that have an interest in Australian agriculture. Highly recommended.
A new twitter feed we also recommend is #RuralMH this feed deals with mental health issues for rural Australia. Follow @RuralMH.
Web sites listed below
For those of you who are interested in the Buy a Bale programme the following links may be of interest to you. http://www.aussiehelpers.org.au/ http://www.buyabale.com.au News articles related to this http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-06-18/buyabale-brian-egan/4763034 http://www.buyabale.com.au/in-the-news/the-story-of-aussie-helpers-brian-nerida-egan http://www.abc.net.au/austory/specials/downtoearth/Preview...Hide...
For those of you who are interested in the Buy a Bale programme the following links may be of interest to you.
News articles related to this
NQ Dry Tropics NQ Dry Tropics is a leading delivery agent of land and water management change across the Burdekin Dry Tropics region. The company has a dedicated Sustainable Agriculture section committed to helping growers and graziers achieve results. Website: www.nqdrytropics.com.au Find out more about NQ Dry Tropics and how they work in the [...]Preview...Hide...
NQ Dry Tropics
NQ Dry Tropics is a leading delivery agent of land and water management change across the Burdekin Dry Tropics region. The company has a dedicated Sustainable Agriculture section committed to helping growers and graziers achieve results.
Find out more about NQ Dry Tropics and how they work in the Burdekin Dry Tropics.
The NQ Dry Tropics Wiki is the company’s library of knowledge and resources. You’ll find information about pest and weed management, sustainable agriculture, sustainable coasts, protecting biodiversity and much more!
Dry Tropics Pest Advisory Forum:
The Dry Tropics Pest Advisory Forum forms part of the NQ Dry Tropics Regional Pest Management program aimed at supporting land managers in the 24/7 fight against weeds and feral animals. This community is a space to discuss the hot topics and creative solutions to pest management.