Our New On-Line services are available both in the library and from home.
You need to have a library membership card to access this service.
Before starting please read the getting started guides.
Using the eBook service
- Connect to the library’s eBooks page using your browser (IE9, Google Chrome, Safari or Firefox).
- Scroll down and click the register button
- Fill in all fields – You MUST use your library barcode
- Click register and when you receive a confirmation email from us you will be able to start borrowing.
How to register for the Library Zinio collection
- Connect to the library’s Zinio page using your browser (IE9, Google Chrome, Safari or Firefox).
- Click the Create Account button (located on the top right of the page).
- Enter your library card number, click Validate.
- Enter your email address/password/name (name is optional).
- Click Create Account (a validation email is sent to your nominated email account).
- Check your email account for an email from RB Digital Portal.
How to select magazines and create your Zinio account
- Connect to the library’s Zinio page using your browser.
- Log in with your email address and password.
- Click the cover of an eMagazine to place it in your Zinio account. Zinio will ask you to ‘Complete Checkout’.
- A new window opens asking you to create a Zinio account. If it is the first time you have used Zinio, create a new account (this is separate to your Library collection Zinio account but can have the same email and password). If you already have a Zinio account click Sign in here and sign in to your account.
- The eMagazine/s you selected will be in your Zinio account. Click on the cover image to start reading.
Reading Magazines Offline on a PC or Mobile Device
(iPad, iPhone or Android device)
- Follow the instructions above to register to add eMagazines in your Zinio account.
- Install and open the Zinio app(External link) on your PC, Mac, iOS or Android, Kindle Fire and Blackberry Playbook.
- Sign in to the app with your Zinio account.
- Select a magazine to download.
- When the download is complete you can read that eMagazine offline.
- There is no loan period for Zinio eMagazines.
- Your Zinio account is personal and cannot be viewed or checked by library staff. It may be used to subscribe and pay for eMagazine subscriptions from Zinio.
Zinio.com Account Email Voucher/Notifications – Update Settings
Email notifications and discount vouchers are a common part of a Zinio.com personal account on the commercial side of Zinio.com. There are a few places in your account settings were you may update your preferences to NOT receive email vouchers/notifications. You need to opt-out of email notifications on your online account AND all mobile apps settings (i.e. iPad, iPhone, Android, etc.) Each device has notifications built into the app so each app needs to be updated consistently to eliminate the contact from Zinio.com.
Note: These update settings will reduce/eliminate unwanted email solicitations, vouchers and updates from the commercial side of Zinio.com.