The Food Act 2006 requires every licensable food business in Queensland to have a Food Safety Supervisor (FSS).
All licensed food businesses are required to nominate a Food Safety Supervisor, whose role is to ensure food hygiene and safety standards are achieved and maintained within the food business. To be nominated as a food safety supervisor, a person must:
- Hold a statement of attainment of specified competencies, issued by a Registered Training Organisation
- Have the ability to supervise food handling in the food premises
- Have the authority to supervise food handlers
- Have skills and knowledge relating to food safety and identification of food safety hazards
- Be reasonably available
All new licensed food businesses are required to notify Council as to who the Food Safety Supervisor will be within 30 days of the issue of their licence.
The list of Registered Training Organisations able to deliver the required training or conduct assessments for recognised prior learning can be located at: www.ntis.gov.au.
Please contact the Customer Service Centre using the Online Contact Form.
You can also contact the Customer Service Centre using one of the following methods.
|Customer Service Centre|
|Location||145 Young Street,
Ayr QLD 4807
|Postal Address||PO Box 974
Ayr QLD 4807
|Opening hours||8am – 5pm, Monday to Friday (except Public Holidays)|
|Phone||(07) 4783 9800 – Business hours
(07) 4783 9800 – After hours (the same number)
|Fax||(07) 4783 9999|
|SMS||0437 886 008|
|Online||Use the Online Contact Form|
|Building Certification and Plumbing Officers|
|Early Opening||Please phone (07) 4783 9942 if you need access the Building and Plumbing Department between 7am – 8am, Monday to Friday.|