Permits apply to the keeping of bees on residential land in the Burdekin Shire.


Unfortunately if wild bees/wasps are located in a residential property Council does not have the resources to help.

However, If the wild bees/wasps are on a Council property/parks the Parks and Garden section may be able to help by spraying the bees/wasps or their nests with the appropriate chemical.

Who to Contact

For the removal of honey bees please contact John Schatkowski on 4782 1580 or alternately call Council’s Customer Service Centre on (07) 4783 9800 or email

Comments are closed.