The Burdekin Shire Council pays a bounty on the provision of dingo scalps or dead foxes.
How do I make a claim?
To claim your bounty you must make an appointment with the Pest Management Officer specifying date, time and place.
The Pest Management Officers will only sight scalps and sign claim forms at a pre-arranged time and place. These Officers are the authorised persons to verify claim forms
- A Verification checklist is processed by Pest Management Officer with the following requirements:
- Property/address description verified confirming animals identified as being destroyed within Burdekin Shire.
- Scalps properly removed from the animal, cleaned, dried and salted prior to submission to Council.
- Scalps must not be frozen, in more than one piece or display traces of biological fluids.
- Scalp is single piece of fur, running from snout, including the ears and running from the head, along the animals back and including the tail. and
- Claim form completed and signed
- A signed copy of the form will be given to the claimant by the Pest Management Officer once all relevant details are recorded.
- Pest Management Officer will hand over the original form to the Council’s Environment and Health section for processing.
- Council staff will record details of the identified property and animals in a database.
- Claimants may be asked to justify payments if excessive dogs are presented.
- Claims will be paid within 30 days from lodgement.
- Claimants are encouraged to lodge electronic funds transfer details with Council.
- Pest Management Officers are responsible for destroying or marking scalps to prevent re-use.
Please contact the Customer Service Centre using the Online Contact Form.
You can also contact the Customer Service Centre using one of the following methods.
Customer Service Centre
|Location||145 Young Street,|
Ayr Qld 4807
|Postal Address||PO Box 974|
Ayr Qld 4807
|Opening hours||8am – 5pm, Monday to Friday (except Public Holidays)|
|Phone||(07) 4783 9800 – Business hours|
(07) 4783 9800 – After hours (the same number)
|Fax||(07) 4783 9999|
|SMS||0437 886 008|
|Online||Use the Online Contact Form|
Building Certification and Plumbing Officers
|Early Opening||Please phone (07) 4783 9942 if you need to access the Building and Plumbing Department between 7am – 8am, Monday to Friday.|
|For all media enquiries please email|
Compliments and Complaints
|The Burdekin Shire Council is committed to an open and friendly relationship with members of our community. Whether you’re telling us what we do well, or how we can improve, your feedback is important to us.If you would like to provide a compliment or complaint regarding actions or decisions made by Council, or by one of our councillors or officers, please visit the|
> Complaints, compliments and suggestions page.
We will only use personal information provided in your email to address the subject matter of your email. This may involve passing on your email to other areas within the council. We will not disclose your personal information to other government agencies, organisations or anyone else unless one of the following applies:
- you consented to the disclosure
- you would have a reasonable expectation that your personal information would be disclosed
- it is required or authorised by law
- it will prevent or lessen a serious threat to somebody’s life or health; and
- the disclosure is reasonably necessary for a law enforcement activity.
Your email address details will not be added to a mailing list. Email messages may be monitored by our information technology staff for system trouble-shooting and maintenance purposes.