Public Notice Issued at 0900 Hours – Friday 23rd March, 2012
- The Bruce Highway Ayr to Townsville is open.
- The Bruce Highway Ayr to Home Hill is open to all vehicles under single lane traffic control.
- For road closures within the Shire, visit Council’s website www.burdekin.qld.gov.au
- The Burdekin River at the Inkerman Bridge has peaked and is currently at 9.91 metres and falling slowly.
- Kirknie Road Landfill is open.
- Giru residents are requested to use water conservatively to prolong existing clean water supplies. This will allow the river to settle and prevent turbid water entering the water supply.
- Garbage services are slightly delayed and will continue to be collected on Saturday. Please leave your bins out for collection.
Residents should continue to monitor the situation via:-
- Bureau of Meteorology website at www.bom.gov.au,
- Burdekin Shire Council’s website at www.burdekin.qld.gov.au
- Burdekin Shire Council’s Facebook Page //www.facebook.com/BurdekinLDMG
- Listen to radio stations including Radio Sweet FM 97.1.
Request for assistance please phone SES on 13 25 00.
No further notices will be issued.
Chairman – Local Disaster Management Group