Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Community Development Support Officer. This is a part time, maternity relief position for a period of up to 13 months with working hours totalling 44.5 hours per fortnight.
Reporting to the Community Development Manager the key responsibilities include:
- Provide support to the Community Development Manager
- Responsible for the administration functions of the Community Development Section
- Support the broader public relations and marketing goals of Council by assisting to write promotional material and website and social media updates
- Assist with management of Council events and provide support for community events
- Independently manage and implement small-scale projects or components of large-scale projects
- Co-ordinate the Burdekin Tourism Association and the Visitor Information Centres
The successful person will possess the following attributes:
- Demonstrated event management skills and proven ability and knowledge to undertake community events
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to project teams and work as an active member of a team in planning, implementation and evaluation of projects
- Demonstrated ability to prepare comprehensive promotional material, website and social media updates
- Demonstrated ability to prepare correspondence, such as support letters or reports to Government Ministers and Departments
- High level of computer skills, including Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, InDesign and the Internet
- Current C Class Drivers Licence
Salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Queensland Local Government Officers Award – State and Burdekin Shire Council’s Enterprise Bargaining Agreement. The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 3 ($41,017pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon skills and experience. A locality allowance is also payable.
Applications can be lodged electronically via the website and must include a cover letter, information addressing the selection criteria and a current resume. Written applications can also be forwarded to or Confidential Application 14/17, Burdekin Shire Council, PO Box 145, Ayr Qld 4807.
Applications close on Wednesday, 20 August 2014. Word or PDF format is preferable.
Further information can be obtained by contacting the Community Development Manager, Mr Tony Vaccaro on (07) 4783 9800.
Download the application package using the link below