Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Leading Hand – Form Setter / Concreter.
Reporting to the Works Overseer the successful applicant will assist the Works Foreman with the construction of new Council works, private and Main Roads works, maintenance of existing services and structures in connection with roads and footpaths, kerbing and channelling, stormwater drainage, boat ramps and other functions of Council.
The successful person will possess the following attributes:
- Demonstrated experience in new road construction, drainage works, concreting, Main Roads and Council maintenance operations
- A demonstrated ability to read and comprehend job plans, specifications and reinforcing schedules
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work under minimum supervision in a leadership role
- Demonstrated ability to manage time, set priorities and plan works
- Current class MR (Medium Rigid) driver’s licence
Salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Queensland Local Government Employees’ Award – State and Burdekin Shire Council’s Enterprise Bargaining Agreement. The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 8 ($58,935pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon skills and experience.
Applications can be lodged electronically via the website and must include a cover letter, information addressing the selection criteria and a current resume. Written applications can also be forwarded to or Confidential Application 14/18, Burdekin Shire Council, PO Box 974, Ayr Qld 4807.
Applications close on Wednesday, 10 September 2014. Word or PDF format is preferable.
Further information can be obtained by contacting the Works Overseer, Mr Robert Potter on (07) 4783 9800.
Click here to download the application package
- Job Vacancy 14/18 - Leading Hand - Form Setter/Concreter - (pdf 549.95 kB)