Local Government Act 2009
- Burdekin Shire Council (the “Council”) has proposed to make—
(a) Animal Management (Amendment) Local Law (No. 1) 2014 (the “amending local law”); and
(b) Animal Management (Amendment) Subordinate Local Law (No. 1) 2014 (the “amending subordinate local law”).
- The amending local law amends Local Law No. 2 (Animal Management) 2012.
- The amending subordinate local law amends Subordinate Local Law No. 2 (Animal Management) 2012.
- Local Law No. 2 (Animal Management) 2012 authorises the making of the amending subordinate local law.
- The purpose and general effect of the amending local law is to provide for the registration of cats by imposing registration obligations on cat owners.
- The purpose and general effect of the amending subordinate local law is to supplement the cat registration regime contained in the amending local law
- Written submissions by any person in support of, or objecting to, the amending local law and/or the amending subordinate local law are invited for a 21 day period commencing on Thursday 24 July 2014 and ending on Wednesday 13 August 2014 (the “consultation period”).
- During the consultation period Council will make available for inspection and purchase copies of each of the amending local law and the amending subordinate local law.Copies will be made available at the Council Chambers, 145 Young Street, Ayr; the Burdekin Library, Graham Street, Ayr; and the Home Hill Library, Ninth Avenue, Home Hill during normal office hours or can be found on Council’s website www.burdekin.qld.gov.au.
- Submissions must be received on or before Wednesday 13 August 2014 stating—
(a) the grounds of the submission; and
(b) the facts and circumstances relied on in support of the grounds.