Tenders closing at 12 noon Friday 17 October 2014 are invited for the design, certification and construction of a building adjoining the existing PCYC building.
Tender documents can be downloaded from the council website using the following link:
- Tender TBSC/14/017 - Multi Tenant Service Centre Extension - (pdf 1.23 MB)
- Tender TBSC/14/017 - Multi Tenant Service Centre Extension - Response - (doc 809.5 kB)
- Tender TBSC/14/017 - Multi Tenant Service Centre Extension - Proposed Floorplan - (pdf 137.46 kB)
Queensland State Government has provided funding to construct a Multi Tenant Service Centre to provide School Age Care services, and gym/fitness facilities.
When not in use as a School Age Care service, the Centre will be open for use for activities such as Tiny Tot Gymnastics, playgroup, flexible learning and youth development programs as suitable.
The contract is for the design, certification and construction of a building adjoining the existing PCYC building. The building is to be designed and constructed to complement the existing PCYC building, with a layout based on the proposed floorplan M-1095 provided.
The building is to meet the following requirements:
- Building design is to be based on the floorplan provided in drawing M-1095.
- Building to be constructed adjoining the existing PCYC building on Lot 91 GS980
- Design and painting of the building is to complement the existing PCYC building.
- All fixtures/fittings to be of same/similar type to existing PCYC building
- The tender price is to include any works required for alterations to the existing PCYC building
- The external walls are to be concrete or masonry block construction, with internal wall materials to be chosen by designer.
- External walls are to be concrete rendered as per the existing building.
- All roof, guttering, flashings etc are to be colourbond steel.
- The building is to be fully airconditioned, with separate control of the two main areas.
- The tender price is to include all works and associated building permits/approvals (including connection to water/sewerage/electricity supply)
- The tender price is to include all works and associated permits/approvals to construct the building floor height in accordance with BSC Q100 flood levels.
- All toilets are to be “all ability access” in accordance with appropriate Australian Standards.
- Internal flooring of Gym/Activity area to be “Flowtex” commercial carpet
- Internal flooring of Childcare area to be heavy duty commercial vinyl flooring
- The building is to be fully painted inside and out.
- Tender to include a full construction specification
- All finishes/colours are to be approved by Council
- Tender submission to include a conceptual/prelim view of building (including elevations)
- Total building area to be maximum 350m2
- Minimum ceiling height of 4.0 metres
- Construction and handover to Council must be completed by 30th September 2015.
Tender Briefing and Site Inspection
- Attendance at this meeting to discuss the Request for Tender is not mandatory.
- Tenderers are requested to attend a tender briefing/site inspection on Thursday 2nd October 2014 at 10am.
- The location of the meeting is Burdekin Shire Council Chambers, 145 Young Street, Ayr QLD 4807.
- The briefing/site inspection will provide Tenderers with the opportunity to clarify any uncertainties with the Contact Person prior to the Closing Time.
- Please confirm with the Contact Person by email (email@example.com) your attendance at this meeting no later than Wednesday 1st October 2014.
- Milestone 1: 11th November 2014 – Recommendation of tender to Council for approval
- Milestone 2: Building Application submitted to Council
- Milestone 3: Earthworks, services, foundations and floor completed
- Milestone 4: Walls completed
- Milestone 5: Roof completed
- Milestone 6: Fit-out completed
- Milestone 7: 30th September 2015 – Building completion and handover to Council
- Milestone 8: 30th September 2016 – End of defects liability period
Enquiries should be made to Mr Glen Stockdale – Senior Technical Officer on (07) 4783 9908 or by emailing