The Burdekin Region offers an outstanding lifestyle that is both contemporary and relaxed. The major township of Ayr is less than an hour’s drive to the city of Townsville. The Burdekin has abundant water supplies, excellent health and educational facilities, and an excellent array of cultural, sporting, and recreational activities.
The System and Network Administrator is responsible for maintaining Council’s information and communications technology infrastructure and help desk.
The key responsibilities include:
- Maintain Council’s server infrastructure (hardware and software) including VMware vSphere, virtual servers and physical servers.
- Maintain Council’s enterprise storage and recovery infrastructure including the storage area network (SAN), network attached storage (NAS) and direct attached storage (DAS).
- Maintain Council’s network infrastructure (hardware and software).
- Maintain Council’s core Windows infrastructure services including Active Directory (AD), Certificate Services, Windows Software Update Services (WSUS), File and Print and Windows Deployment Services (WDS).
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes:
- Tertiary qualification in areas relevant to the position and/or extensive experience in systems, network, storage and vSphere administration.
- Ability to plan and prioritise own work to meet deadlines and achieve outcomes.
- Demonstrated high level of communication skills both written and oral with demonstrated ability to report clearly on complex matters and deliver presentations to varied audiences.
Salary and conditions of employment will be in accordance with the Queensland Local Government Officers Award – State and Burdekin Shire Council’s Enterprise Bargaining Agreement. The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Grade 6 ($85,434pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the link below.
- Job Vacancy 15/01 - System and Network Administrator - (pdf 591.26 kB)
Applications for 15/01 – System and Network Administrator should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria
Applications are to be submitted online using the Online Job Application Form.
Applications close on Monday 9 February 2015. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact the ICT Coordinator – Dirk Dabelstein on (07) 4783 9800.