(For a period of up to 12 months)
The Burdekin Region offers an outstanding lifestyle that is both contemporary and relaxed. The major township of Ayr is less than an hour’s drive to the city of Townsville. The Burdekin has abundant water supplies, excellent health and educational facilities, and an excellent array of cultural, sporting, and recreational activities.
The Community Outreach Services Coordinator is responsible for the planning, facilitation and delivery of quality outreach and library based services to all identified target groups which improve the social, cultural, learning, and economic outcomes for the betterment of the Burdekin community.
The key responsibilities include:
- Exercise responsibility for all aspects of the Community Outreach services to ensure the delivery of quality service and optimum utilisation of financial, physical and human resources.
- Develop, promote and deliver services and events both internally and throughout the community that improves the social, cultural, learning and economic outcomes for the community. These may include but are not limited to children, youth, adults, seniors and community groups.
- Implement and direct the Best Start Literacy program.
- Provide customer assistance at the library customer service desk when needed.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Certificate III Early Childhood Education.
- Substantial experience relevant to the role including the development and implementation of services and programs to a demographically diverse audience.
- Hold both a current driver’s licence and Queensland Working with Children Blue Card.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Grade 4 ($73,031pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant. Employment past the relief period is not guaranteed.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the below link.
Applications for 15/04 – Community Outreach Services Coordinator (Maternity Relief) should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria
Applications are to be submitted online using the Online Job Application Form.
Applications close on Monday 23 February 2015. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact John Scott – Manager Library Services on (07) 4783 9800.