The Burdekin Region offers an outstanding lifestyle that is both contemporary and relaxed. The major township of Ayr is less than an hour’s drive to the city of Townsville. The Burdekin has abundant water supplies, excellent health and educational facilities, and an excellent array of cultural, sporting, and recreational activities.
The Community Hub Transitional Coordinator will be required to analyse, implement and run the day-to-day operations of the Burdekin Shire Community Hub, consisting of the Burdekin Theatre (Inc all entities), The Memorial Hall (Home Hill) and Cyclone Shelter (Ayr Showgrounds). Work in partnership with community organisations and groups to offer support and provide assistance with events, activities and festivals to promote community involvement in The Hub and improve the social and cultural environment of the Burdekin Shire.
This is a temporary position for a period of up to six months. This position will be filled by either an Employee or a Contractor. Refer to Quotation QBSC/15/013.
The key responsibilities include:
- Development and implementation of a detailed project plan for the transition period, being 1st April 2015 to 31st September 2015.
- Research and evaluate current activities and venue operation.
- Submit monthly reports and recommendations to the Burdekin Hub Working Group and Manager Community Development.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the venues and staff. This will include the facilitation and coordination of upcoming shows, community events and other hall/venue hire operations.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Demonstrated experience in a similar community development role.
- Formal qualifications in Marketing or demonstrated experience.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritise own work, and provide supervision and guidance to subordinate employees.
- Demonstrated high level of written and oral communication skills.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Grade 6 ($85,434pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or using the below link.
- Job Vacancy 15/05 - Community Hub Transitional Coordinator (Temporary) - (pdf 586.43 kB)
Applications for 15/05 – Community Hub Transitional Coordinator should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria
Applications are to be submitted online using the Online Job Application Form.
Applications close on Wednesday, 18 March 2015. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Eileen Robinson – Manager Client Services on (07) 4783 9800.